OttoZone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OttoZone

A place for fans of James Otto to come to share their love and support for The Biggest Voice In Country Music!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rock, Maplewood MN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yvette
Otto Bot
Otto Bot
Yvette

The Rock, Maplewood MN Empty
PostSubject: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 am

Is anyone else thinking about going to this show? It's on April 9th, a Friday. My sister lives there so I very well might. Only $17 tickets! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ottomaniac2
Co-Prez & Mod
Co-Prez & Mod
Ottomaniac2

PostSubject: Re: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:11 am

I know that I won't be going, but you go and wear your Otto gear proudly. Take lots of pictures to share!
Back to top Go down
Yvette
Otto Bot
Otto Bot
Yvette

PostSubject: So I think we are going   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 pm

My younger sister and I are going to drive to MN and may possibly take in this show. I'm going to see about ordering tickets and having them held at the window. Cool I am going to wear either one of my Ottomaniac tshirts that I ordered, or my new James tshirt that I bought when I saw him in Green Bay. He signed it for me. Wink I have to pick up a memory card for my camera and more batteries so I don't run out of memory. Laughing Anyone else going??
Back to top Go down
Ottomaniac
Co-Prez & Admin
Co-Prez & Admin
Ottomaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Can't wait for your review of the show!
Back to top Go down
https://ottozone.forumotion.com
Yvette
Otto Bot
Otto Bot
Yvette

PostSubject: It was awesome!   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:03 pm

It was super easy to find too! My sister and I got there right at 8pm and picked up our wristbands (no ticket stub, boo!) We bought drinks and went and stood up by the stage, like second row. I started talking to this young couple on my left, and a couple with their teenage daughter and her two friends on my right. So I weasled my way to the fence and hung our jackets over it so I could claim my spot. Laughing
The Jacob Martin band was really good! The manager guy walked around and handed out post cards with info on them to everyone. Their cd is coming out this summer, so check them out!
The Shayne Wyatt band was good too, he's from Oklahoma. He's got a deep voice and plays fiddle really well. They did 'Devil went down to Georgia' and rocked out!
Finally, at like 11pm, James and boys came out! He rocked out and looked really good. He had on a white collared shirt with a vest over it, and his grey 'newsboy' type hat on. He looked especially good! Cool
He did all his usual songs, with Ronnie Milsap and Bob Seger and Queen songs sprinkled in. On his Turn the Page one, his acoustic guitar wasn't tuned properly by Andy, so he was not pleased with him. Evil or Very Mad He told everyone to say "Eff You Andy!!" and he was going to kick his A@@ after the show and dock half his pay for the night. afraid Then later, he said he was forgiven. He had two of his Viking buddies there and brought them on the stage, so I got a pic of that.
It was a good time but the only disappointment is, he didn't go to the merch booth to sign anything or take pictures. That is a bummer cause I brought a copy of The Scene, with his review from Tom Dick & Harry's that I wanted him to sign. Crying or Very sad
I took 160 pictures so I'll post them when I get back to Wisconsin tomorrow night!!
Back to top Go down
sd_ottomaniac
Otto Bot
Otto Bot
sd_ottomaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! It's always a bummer when James doesn't do a M&G (been there more than once!), but it's usually for very good reason. Hopefully you can catch him again soon so he can sign that for you.

Andy, Andy, Andy...what ARE we going to do with him?! The Rock, Maplewood MN 141756 LOL! j/k
Back to top Go down
Ottomaniac2
Co-Prez & Mod
Co-Prez & Mod
Ottomaniac2

PostSubject: Re: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 pm

sd_ottomaniac wrote:

Andy, Andy, Andy...what ARE we going to do with him?! The Rock, Maplewood MN 141756 LOL! j/k

LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rock, Maplewood MN   The Rock, Maplewood MN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rock, Maplewood MN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OttoZone :: Otto Links :: Questions about shows-
Jump to: